czwartek, 16 lutego 2012

Okno - The Window


*


Don't sneak in through the window
When the doors' been shut
You don't always have to be
First to dump

Don't sneak in
When my heart's been locked
Many times was it plundered
And the sparks stolen from my eyes

The vampires drink up from my lips
Pints of boiling blood
They put out my fires
And dance on the ashes

But every Time
A single spark remains
And soon gives rise
To a new fire

So come to me
My little girl
And fan the flame
Before you freeze
To my cold voice
Dull burnt-out eyes
Pale sucked-out lips
And my heart's slow
Indifferent beat

*

Please don't cry
Just listen to the music
Reggae you know
Carries warmth
Carries laugher

Your eyes are shining
The tears will soon dry
The sun smiles in this music

And you can feel your blood pulsing
And you can feel your body's swaying
The sea
The sky
The sand
And the gulls
Singing and dancing in happiness

And you can feel your blood pulsing
And you can feel your body swaying
The sea
The sky
The sand
And the gulls
Singing and dancing in happiness

*

Once when I was on an island
Called Jamaica or so
I really don't know
There I found what I'd been looking for
And who the hell needs this stupid song

*

When I lose the meaning of life
Again somewhere
And nothing pleases me
And I don't know what to do
With myself
Then I play some reggae music
Reggae music will always help me
Reggae music will always protect me

A few drags and you're in heaven
The guitar's plays by itself
And you're drifting away
And you're flying away
From the cage
The fate has put you in

*

1 komentarz: